Policy key definitions
Policy key definitions:
• “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, MoveMore: Movement Practice
• “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
• GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
• PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
• ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
• We are exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register because we are only processing personal data for the core business reasons.
• Lawful basis: Consent
• Where our purpose for processing is: To keep you updated with news, products, and services that you have requested or that we believe may be of interest to you.
• Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
• Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties or outside of the organisation.
What data we collect, how, & why:
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect and process the following data in the following ways:
- Email address – when you subscribe to our mailing list or enter your email to receive a product or service.
- Name – when you provide it to us voluntarily or through a contact form
- Country & region – when you provide it to us voluntarily or through a contact form
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
Email marketing messages & subscriptions
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences.
Our EMS provider is; MailChimp. We hold the following information about you within our EMS system;
• Email address
• Subscription time & date
• Name (only if given)
• Country & region (only if given)
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. We use these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. When you visit our website we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology, such as information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address.
For further information on cookies visit allaboutcookies.org
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How we store and protect your data
We only keep your data if we have a valid legal reason to do so and will only keep it for as long as we need to in order to fulfil our contractual or legal obligations or for as long as we have your permission to keep it. We will conduct an annual review to determine if we need to keep your data. Your data will be deleted if we no longer need it to maintain our obligations or if you have requested that we delete it. We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [email protected]
how to contact us
- Email us at: [email protected]
- Call us: +41786561642
- Or write to us at: Baselstrasse 49b, Solothurn, 4500, Switzerland
resources & further information
- Overview of the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 2018
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- About cookies
MoveMore: Movement Practice
© Copyright Jason Round / MoveMore: Movement Practice. All rights reserved. Name, logo, and all intellectual & media content, including those in all free & paid services, remain the property of Jason Round (unless credited otherwise) and may not be reproduced or distributed without prior written permission.